COVID-19 has changed so much in our community. We know all families have been navigating challenges to keep their kids safe during the pandemic. We also know that many families have had to find new and emergency forms of childcare for their babies, school-aged kids, and teens. Back in the fall, we worked with organizations to survey 175 families about their child care needs during COVID-19.
The report was shared with community organizations across Monroe, Wayne, Livingston, Seneca, Ontario and Yates counties who are currently trying to meet the needs of caregivers.
But the providers, community organizations and local funders all shared they wanted to learn more directly from families. That's why we're hosting a series of focus groups in each county to get a better understanding of what resources, supports and assistance you need.
We’re asking caregivers in Monroe, Wayne, Livingston, Seneca, Ontario and Yates to participate in a series of focus groups with us so that we can better understand your needs. The results will remain anonymous and will be shared with members of the task forces which include: school district staff, doctors/health professionals, community organizations, child care providers, out of school time providers, and funders.
We need YOUR VOICE to lead the response to how our organizations support your kids. The purpose of the focus groups are to:
- Get a better understanding of your current needs/wants/desires for child care and out of school time care, and
- Learn what resources and supports you need for your kids to have safe, accessible and quality child care during COVID-19.
- Support local providers to plan for summer programs that meet the needs of your family!
- Focus groups will run throughout the end of March - mid April 2021. There are options for you to select your availability when you fill out the google form.
- They will be run virtually on zoom.
- They will occur in the evening (after 5:30p) or on Friday afternoons (around noon), but we are asking for your availability when you sign up.
- Any parents and guardians of children aged 0-12 in Monroe, Ontario, Wayne, Livingston, Seneca, and Yates counties.
- Those selected to participate will receive a $25 gift card for their participation and time.
- Participants in the focus groups will remain anonymous.
The focus groups are a collaboration between Finger Lakes Community Schools, the United Way of Greater Rochester ’s Child Care Task Force, the Finger Lakes Reopening Schools Safely Task Force at Common Ground Health, Child and Family Resources, the Child Care Council, the Greater Rochester After School and Summer Alliance, the United Way of Ontario County and Wayne M.O.S.T. These initiatives are bringing together community organizations and caregivers to coordinate school and child care throughout the pandemic and want to hear from YOU!