August 31, 2021
Did you know over 1 billion people across the world actively use TikTok every day? TikTok prompts social media users to lip sync and other entertaining, and educational videos. Chances are local youth and families who use the app are following local creative educator Chaz Bruce.
Chaz has over 5 million followers on TikTok. He credits Rochester youth for some of his success. He was inspired by his students at Enrico Fermi School No. 17 to download the app in 2018. He was teaching music and performing arts at the time. He began to record student performances and posted them to TikTok.
Chaz advocates for youth to stay active through song, dance, and play. He influences his followers to learn, record and post trending dance routines. This type of activity encourages youth and families to keep moving. Chaz recently turned many of his viral videos into 32 colorless pages. Those pages can be found inside The Brucegang Coloring Book by Ashley Lanina and Chaz Bruce. Chaz is proud to offer youth and families a fun space to color while staying active.
Here are 5 tips from Chaz Bruce about ways kids and families can stay active on TikTok:
1. Use The Brucegang Coloring Book to identify viral videos that encourage artistic expression.
2. Follow @chazbruce0 on TikTok to accept challenges that encourages dance and movement.
3. Replicate dances to new songs released by artists who want their music to go viral on TikTok.
4. Consistently create original, fun, and respectful content to post.
5. Have lots of energy and be authentic when creating videos.