An Initiative of Finger Lakes Health Systems Agency
By advocating for a handful of public-policy and practice changes, the Healthi Kids Coalition is blazing a path for healthier, more active children in Rochester and Monroe County, N.Y. Our change agenda calls for better school food, safer play areas, food standards at childhood centers, at least 60 minutes of in-school physical activity, and policies that support breastfeeding. You can make your voice heard and become part of this critical effort.
Summer Meals are back!
- Throughout the summer, kids 18 years of age and under can enjoy a fresh, healthy, and free meals that fits in with their on-the-go style! Provided by the City of Rochester, Foodlink, or the Rochester City School District, kids can eat food that will keep them full and satisfied without leaving their favorite activities! Check out the complete list of Summer Meals sites now! For more information, click here!
Since 2007, Healthi Kids has been working to improve play in Rochester. Our work is really making a difference. See what we mean in our new play video.
Our Policy Change Agenda
1. Better school food, community standards
- 2. Safer, more accessible play areas
- 3. Healthier food standards at pre-school and childcare centers
- 4. At least 45 minutes of in-school physical activity
- 5. Policies that support breastfeeding